Tuesday, July 12, 2005

1. The Wrap: Section B

“Thank you, thank you for coming. What a beautiful baby. May I sign it?”
“We’re very excited, we cannot wait to see a rough cut.”
“I don’t even know what those words mean, but thank you, have a chocolate. Some one flew them in, or got them off a plane, or came here off a plane with some. Have one. Better yet, give it to one of the twins.”
“Your picture is magnificent. I feel I am standing in the presence of the next Woody Allen.”
“I would beat you if I had free hand. Wait, let go, darling. Wait, my hands are still full of -what is this -well, this is Kirsch and I guess this is a Calvados. I’m ahead of myself. There, I’ve sacrificed a whole drink to upbraid you. I’ll do so again next year. Now go. You’re making my boa angry.”

“Van, did you just throw whisky on Mrs. Morton?”
“Calvados, Tom, it’s made with apples.”
“Mrs. Morton is pretty big in this town. She gave us a lot of money.”
“She did Tom, she did. She likes it when you throw a good expensive drink on her. It’s like christening a ship.”
“Are you drunk? Wait, that’s the wrong question. How drunk are you? No, still wrong. How many fingers is Santa Claus holding up?”
“Tom, I swear to you -on Hitler’s grave. I am not drunk.”
“And where are your pants?”
“That’s not a drunk thing, Tom, that’s a drug thing. You see this midnight blue and this black jacket and this oilskin don’t really match. Well, you can’t really see it because I took it off. Hey, where’s Mrs. Morton? I’ve still got another drink. I should give her both barrels, don’t you think?”
“Van, don’t pour any more drinks on Mrs. Morton -and I mean call brands or well -or even a soda or non-alcoholic beer.”
“Do we have those? Look Tom, she loves it. Between you and me I think she wants me to pee on her.”
“Where are the twins? I thought they were taking care of you.”
“I mean, she hasn’t said as much, but I’m just gonna do it.”
“No, Van, even Jackson Pollock only got as far as the fireplace.”
“What about Chuck Berry? Where are we going?”
“We’re going over to the espresso wagon”
“I’m so glad we got the espresso wagon. It can move around and serve espresso.”
“Van, you still have to give a speech”
“I gave a speech already.”
“You asked if anyone wanted to watch you take a shower.”
“That was my speech.”
“No, Van the other speech”

No comments: